I’M PAUL, 34 AND LIVE IN NORWAY. I’M A HUSBAND, FATHER OF 3, AND A CHRISTIAN.
My goal with this blog is to document my journey towards financial freedom.
How do I define financial freedom?
Financial freedom is simply for me to make enough from my passive income to be able to cover all my expenses, while becoming 100% debt free.
- Goal 1 is to reach 500€ passive monthly income from my investments. This will get me started and allow me to test different services and strategies. (Goal reached as of 30/04/2020)
- Goal 2 is to reach 1000€ monthly income. This will help cover some of my monthly expenses, while being able to invest more aggressively and diversifying my portfolio.
- Goal 3 is to reach 2000€ monthly income from my investments. At that level I will be much less dependent on my current work income, and can dedicate more time to my passions, while covering basic expenses and my mortgage.
- Goal 4 is to reach 3500€ per month. At that level I can cover all my monthly expenses without any other income, and pay down aggressively on my mortgage while giving generously.
- Goal 5, and the dream is 7000€ per month. At that level I can continue to give generously, cover my expenses, and pay down my debt at accelerated rate.
- I aim at being debt free by 2030.
To be honest I currently have an average income, but have good control of my expenses. (Thanks YNAB). I try to invest my monthly savings in investments from which I can expect good returns. I never invest more than I can afford to lose. You can read some more about my investment journey and investing philosophy here.
- Nothing in this blog is financial advice. I am documenting my own journey.
- I am not in any way affiliated with the platforms that I will share about.
- Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. That means that should you decide to sign up for one of the platforms I am using, I might get a small commission, and you might get one too. It’s win/win!
Be blessed on your own journey to financial freedom.